Sunday, January 31, 2010

Diwali celebrations in india

Diwali is my favorite festival and also the festival am afraid of.
I just love the way we celebrate.
But am afraid of the Fireworks which are involved with lot of sounds like "Lakshmi bombs", "10000 wala" Patakas etc.
We forget the world around playing with fireworks enjoying till late night 12 and till 1.
I was missing my diwali celebrations since 2 yrs.
I would have missed diwali this time too.
I had a longer stay in India  than  expected because of "Chuken Gunea" and took part in celebration with my parents.
I decorated my house with rangoli.
It took me 3 hours to complete the design.
My mom's personal assistant helped me to make it fast.
This time, the rangoli colors we brought were so colorful.
Earlier we used to get the powdered ones which is difficuilt to spread.
It would spread chunky that spoils the whole  rangoli.
This time we got the colored sand to color the rangoli.
This was so greateasy to spread and in 10's of colors.
I used the lord krishna, and small elephants to decorate the rangoli.
At last i flowered the rangoli with mums  and plastic flowers.
They look beautiful.
Isn't it?

3 comments:

shahana said...

beautiful decorations!!!

Malar Gandhi said...

Thats cute and lovley...miss those fun' here:(

katkats kitchen said...

I have spent many a Diwali in Kolkatta and then watched the statues being thrown in the Ganges. Oh many happy memories