Friday, February 19, 2010

Vegetable rasam (V8 Vegetable juice Rasam)

I friends,
Hi  might not be blogging much for the next 2 months.
Today i had a confirmed 7th week pregnancy.
I have heard my baby's Heart beat today for the first time.
Voila!!! am up in the sky.
I do not want to get much  stressed and almost stopped cooking.
But my love for cooking cant stop me away from getting in the kitchen.
Though my hubby helps, i want to get more indulged in to cooking and satisfy my craving.

Since 2 weeks am craving a lot for Spicy foods and masala's than usual.
And Thanks god!! Am not having Nausea.
Am taking a lot of nutritious foods.
I tried V8 vegetable rasam and it came out great today.
Even  my hubby also liked it. He helped  me in making rasam and taking photographs.
I make rasam with different flavors.
Each one of the following are used each time in flavoring the rasam.
But the rasam powder used remains same.
Black pepper
Curry leaves
Cilantro
Tomato
Onions
Ginger
Garlic
Hing
Today am gonna share with you my nutritious rasam recipe which gives you tons of Vitamins and energy.
For the rasam powder, i add lil of toor daal to enhance the  taste of rasam.
Here is the recipe:



1 cup dhania
5 tblspn black pepper
5 nos red pepper
2 tblspn jheera
3 tblspn Toor  daal
1 stem of curry leaves (Optional)
Dry roast all above items seperately and blend it in a blender till it becomes a soft powder.

Vegetablerasam Rasam recipe:

Heat oil and temper mustard, jheera, green chillies, hing, curry leaves and red chillies.
Add the rasam powder and fry for a minute.
Now add 3 small tins of V8 mixed vegetable juice and boil for a while.
Add tamrind and boil for another 15 min and top it with chopped cilantro and serve  hot with rice and ghee.
Hot daal makes a good combination with hot rasam and rice with oil.

11 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Real comforting food, with veggies this rasam sounds yummy..

Raks said...

Nice rasam,sounds interesting! I really love your template a lot :)

Tina said...

Yummy and tempting rasam...

Priya said...

Congratulations on ur pregnancy :)

uma said...

Hi Animisha,
really unique blog with a lovely template.. informative too.. I loved the pachhadi..Thanks for sharing this..
Cheers,

gluten free pammy said...

congratulations stay safe

Queen B. said...

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!

Swetha said...

congrats Akka!
i luv ur recipes!
Btw i am suni from vizag,raju's daughter

Suma Gandlur said...

Congratulations. :)
Charu is a comfort food, anytime.
Take care.

KennQ29 said...

i love this post, really great. thanks for sharing

KennQ29 said...

interesting recipe.. love veggies! :)