Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I start with water melon the summer thirst quencher.

I love tasting different foods.
Of all I love images


And my husband loves Mangoes.
As soon as summer arrives, my heart runs for Watermelons and sugar cane juice.
I want to show my love for watermelons by posting my first recipe post on them.

And that tooo on the Juices.
Everybody posts recipes.
But presentation makes them different.

My recipe for watermelon is Water melon Juice.

Water melon Juice:
Ingredients:
1/2 images


3spns of crystalised sugar
Pinch of salt
Mint leaves- Around 10 leaves.

Preperation method:
Seperate the flesh from water melon.
Take out the seeds in the watermelon.
Blend the watermelon pieces with 3 chunks of ice cubes, 5 mint leaves, and sugar crystals.
Keep aside the watermelon juice in a wide dish for about 15mmin.
This seperates the water and the watermelon fiber.
Using a cheesecloth or a kitchen napkin in a strainer strain the juice.
While straining the juice, using a spatula as a filter, pour the juice in the strainer.
The spatula helps in stopping most of the fiber in to the strainer.
Keep it in the refridgerator till you serve.
Take a thin slice of watermelon flesh around 1/2cm wide and cut it in to small cubes like sugar cubes.
While serving, put the watermelon chunks over the juice in a glass.
Pull a tender stem of mint leaves and decorate it on the glass before enjoying your drink.

On a summer day, offered a billion dollar bill Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.orgor a images

, you will with no doubt go for the watermelon.
Its my Thousand Billion dollars bet.

My small tip:
When you remove the flesh from watermelon, dont throw away the white part of watermelon.
We can make a lovely "Watermelon chutney"
I will share my secret watermelon recipe with you in my next blog.Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

1 comment:

Gita Jaishankar said...

Welcome to the blogosphere dear :)