Monday, June 8, 2009

"Inspired to cook" from dad.

Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org
My name is ANIMISHA
Which means Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org
My dad is a great cook.cooking pancakes
He cooks egg curry and biryani great.
My mom is a vegetarian and wouldnt touch eggs.
So my dad is in charge of cooking egg curry.
My cooking basics are from my dad.cooking
And my first cooking lesson is "EGG OMELET"
smileys
Of course my mom also learn't cooking from my dad initially.
So my dad is my cooking inspiration.
I love his Biryani with raitha.
From my childhood, i used to be at the back of my mom in her kitchen.
Both my mom and dad are working Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org and i used to help them in cutting, and tossing foods.

My baking ideas are from my moms sister.
I learnt basics of baking from her.
She cooks Rum cake very good.images
I remember those days of experimenting home made ice creams, custards and cakes.
My mom and my aunt are vegetarians.
They do not eat even eggs.
Even for our birthdays, the cakes were eggless.

Only after my Aunt Bala joined in Home sciences degree our complete food concepts have changed.

I prepared Fruit Jams, Plum cakes and a lot more.
I will tell you about my childhood experiences later.

I want to tell you who is my Blogging Inspiration
After coming to US, we went to one of my hubby's offices located in Herndon, Virginia.
We stayed at our friends place for 2 weeks.
Their names are GITA and JAI SHANKAR
Gita is a very good cook.
Me and my husband are great fans of her food.
The first time we were at her place, she cooked Tamilnadu Sambhar.
My husband is a big fan of her foods.
If i am trying any new foods, i have to search for recipes with "no ginger and onions"

No comments: